The Central Florida Clinician Advisory Board’s mission is to develop and connect a network of culturally competent clinicians with fire departments and their members to support access to appropriate mental healthcare.
In support of this mission a Clinician Response Team (CRT) is being established with the goal of providing support and clinical care including crisis intervention and psychological support for firefighters, EMT/paramedics, and fire department employees following a critical incident. This response team is starting in Central Florida and will look to expand in the near future.
Interested clinicians should download and submit their application to the Clinician Advisory Board. Please contact CentralFloridaCRT@floridafirefightersafety.org with any questions.
Example Duties Include:
- Response to Crisis Incident
- Engagement with departments
- Follow-up with departments following critical incidents
- Licensed mental health provider (e.g., MFT, LMHC, LCSW, Psychologist, etc.) or pre-licensed mental health workers (e.g., interns, residents, etc.) with direct patient experience
- Completion of Clinician Awareness Training Program (e.g., FFHSC CAP Training) or experience as a First Responder.
- Agree to complete at least 10 hours of first responder ride time within 90 days of being assigned a department point of contact
Please complete the application below and the Clinician Advisory Board will review each application and provide a response within 60 days.
Applicants who meet these requirements will be contacted by the Clinician Advisory Board to setup a brief interview to provide additional information and answer any questions. Final approval will be decided by a vote of the board following the interview. Applicants will be informed of the results within 60 days of their interview.